Aims of the Module
A critical exploration of the history, theology and practice of youth ministry.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion, you will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a coherent and detailed knowledge of the historical foundations of youth ministry and an appreciation of its current expressions
2. Critically engage with research and advanced scholarship on issues in youth ministry
3. Critically engage with research and advanced scholarship on issues facing young people
4. Exercise considerable judgement as you communicate solutions, arguments and ideas clearly in a variety of forms
5. Manage your own learning with initiative and personal responsibility
Indicative Module Content
This module will focus on the theological nature of youth ministry and its place within the discipline of practical theology. We will investigate the historical roots and current expressions of youth ministry, considering both the contemporary world of young people and priorities for effective practitioners.
Portfolio 2500 word equivalent 50%
Set exercise 2500 words 50%