Aims of the Module
To examine a selected Biblical book engaging the students in detailed exegetical work on the book and then consider how the insights and understanding gained from the detailed exegetical work can be utilised when using the text in contemporary ministry contexts.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion, you will be able to:
1. Use exegetical tools to understand a biblical text
2. Engage effectively with scholarly literature
3. Evaluate different interpretations of a text
4. Demonstrate a critical understanding of key scholarly perspectives on a biblical text
5. Communicate an ancient text into contemporary contexts
Indicative Module Content
This module will offer the opportunity to engage in detailed work on a specific Biblical book and to reflect on the appropriate ways to communicate the message of the book into a specific ministry context.
Written assignment 1500 words 40%
Written assignment 2500 words 60%Back