How can your Church be relevant to people with intellectual disabilities?
The College is delighted to host the inaugural Tiō Conference: Honouring the Indispensable, which is not only the first conference on this subject in Belfast, but in the whole UK and Ireland. And we would like to invite you to join us.
The Conference will explore some really relevant questions which your Church should be asking...
- How can my church be proactive in reaching out to people with intellectual disabilities?
- What are the most effective & creative ways for communicating biblical truth to children and adults with intellectual disability?
- Can we make church a spiritual home of choice for individuals and families marginalised by disability?
- Asking, in what ways do people with profound intellectual disabilities encounter God - and what can we all learn from their experience?
- As a parent or carer, needing some space to consider wider biblical perspectives on pastoral support and to hear the experiences of others?
- Ready to explore how best to disciple people with Down syndrome?
- Ever thought about music and its place in the spiritual development of people with autism?
- So what can faith communities and teachers in special education learn from each other?
- As a church leader, are you looking to be better equipped for supporting families living in the context of disability?
If your church is not asking these questions, then is it being relevant to the many people in your community who have intellectual disabilities? Plan to be part of this unique event - book now!
For more information and to register online now go to -
Fully accessible sessions for adults with intellectual disabilities (Tiō Makers)
on Saturday 10.30am to 4.00pm
Venue: Belfast Bible College - Glenburn House, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 9JP
Special rates for groups for Tiō Makers (for adults with intellectual disabilities)
Contact Rachael on 07814 331156 or Ian on 07530 669309
Join this unique adventure in Belfast - a genuine one-off opportunity - book now!