Aims of the Module
To develop systematic understanding and critical evaluation of contemporary leadership structures, patterns and practices in light of the Bible and Christian tradition and to develop students’ self-awareness in becoming effective leaders.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion, you will be able to:
1. Reflect critically on biblical material related to leadership
2. Evaluate secular leadership theories in light of ideas from the Bible and diverse Christian traditions
3. Perform a critical analysis of leadership models in ministry contexts
4. Critically evaluate and apply the skills and attitudes needed for effective Christian leadership
5. Reflect critically on the practice of leadership in specific settings
Indicative Module Content
This module will explore the meaning of leadership through consideration of the Bible, Christian traditions and contemporary secular and theological sources. It will consider core aspects of the tasks and skills of leadership including teamwork and the process of leading change. Students will also have the opportunity to reflect on the personal attributes and attitudes of effective Christian leaders, and begin to reflect on their own leadership development.
Written assignment 3000 words 60%
Portfolio 2000 words 40%