Scheduled - First Year
To study aspects of the history, writings and practices of Western Christian spirituality and to discover and explore its relevance for today.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
1. Assimilate, analyse and evaluate approaches to and theories of Christian spirituality
2. Critically evaluate material on spirituality from different eras, traditions and cultures and apply this to the church today and to your own experience
3. Critically assess varied perspectives on the nature of holiness and the role of the Holy Spirit in Christian spirituality
4. Effectively communicate on the subject of spirituality
5. Reflect on your own spiritual development in light of your studies on spirituality
A portfolio of 3000 words and a written assignment of 2000 words.