Aims of the Module
To examine a specific text or group of texts within the New Testament.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion, you will be able to:
1. Use critical exegetical tools to understand a New Testament text
2. Demonstrate coherent and detailed knowledge of selected New Testament texts and a broader overview of the selected text in its literary context
3. Engage with a range of scholarly literature and work in a critical and constructive manner
4. Critically evaluate differing theological perspectives on a biblical text
5. Develop and communicate a strategy for relating and applying ancient Christian perspectives to contemporary expressions of Christianity
Indicative Module Content
This module will offer a close reading of selected texts from the New Testmant modelling a proper use of the critical tools of exegesis, demonstrating a constructive engagement with the scholarly literature and reflecting on how the central concerns of the text can be related to the contemporary context.
Portfolio 3500 words 70%
Written exam 1500 words 30%Back